Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring is in the Air!

Today we have t-ball, which means that for dinner we'll be eating sandwiches in the car on the way there. So on t-ball days I normally try to do a really substantial lunch.

The theme for Muffin Tin Monday is Spring/Easter. We had cucumber Easter baskets with tomato eggs, broccoli tree with carrot flowers, an egg filled with jelly beans, noodle nest with meatball eggs.


Look how cute these turned out. I connected the handles to the basket with a half of a toothpick.

These nest are great too! You can see that I put the tomato sauce under the noodles, this was purely for looks. The yummy egg shaped meatballs were made of ground turkey, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs, s & p, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese and baked at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Aidman's favorite part were the baskets.


Lyssy's favorite part were the trees.




7 comments:

sarah in the woods said...

Those are really cute!

Michelle said...

Very creative!!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

I don't know what I like better...the cucumber baskets or the spagetti nests!! out.of.control.cute!

Bobbi & Noe said...

You're making my stomach growl!!!

Dee Light said...

Oh my goodness!! This is just too cute.

PisecoMom said...

The baskets are SOOOO cute! Neither of my kids will eat that much cucumber in one sitting but I'm saving your idea for one day when they will. :) They would, however, love & devour the spaghetti and meatball nests!

Tammy said...

Wow that's really cute! I love the cucumber baskets!

I’m late, but finally got mine up here!