
Today we read The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman (one of our favorite authors!).

Then we went searching for a nest. We have 3 REALLY big squirrel nest in our trees. We also walked our entire street on the hunt for more nest, we found several.

Next, we decided to make our own nest. The kids said that we needed leaves, moss, sticks, and grass, so that's what they looked for.

Then they got busy building the nest. We found that it was easiest to keep intact by putting the sticks through the moss and connecting it that way. I asked them if they could build a nest without using their hands like birds do and they said that would be too hard.

Our nest looks pretty good!
5 comments:
That's a great activity!( I love that book too:0)
Great book project. We'll have to try that one.
I LOVE this! You tied in the book and activity perfectly!!!!
That is such a fun idea.
Great idea!! I think I have this book, but if not I'm going out to buy it.
Post a Comment