Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Story and Craft

Like everyone else in the US, we've been talking about Easter this week. In our house we leave the Easter Bunny out of Easter and focus on talking about what Jesus did for us.

Today we read The Story of Easter by Patricia A Pingry. The kids really like this simple book and I really like how it explains why churches have crosses.

Then we did our Resurrection Eggs. If you don't have them, GO GET THEM! We LOVE this and the kids want to do it over and over again. They do a wonderful job of telling the Easter story for young children.




Then we made these Beautiful crosses. Thank you to Teaching Two for this wonderful project idea! I took 1/2 of a black construction paper and cut a cross into the middle. Then we placed it on contact paper, and the kiddos added tissue paper squares, and we covered the other side with more contact paper. The end result is just beautiful!!!







6 comments:

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

This has been one of the few posts where I have seen the focus being on Jesus!! Thanks for a great post! We have that book and I think I'll do that craft with the kids on Sunday!

Anne said...

The cross suncatchers were on my blog. I love them. Have a wonderful Easter. He is ALIVE!!!

jennwa said...

I love that sunchaser. We read that story in my pre school class. I love those books.

Kimba1026 said...

Great idea Bran! I love the sucatchers... and the story of Jesus, of course!

Bobbi & Noe said...

Resurrection eggs rock! We do them every year even when the kids are young, we still tell the story. They get more into it as the years go by.

Martha Seddon said...

I'm totally doing the stained glass project with Laurel! I love that!