Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jesus is Alive!!

Today I went to Chapel with Aidman at his Preschool. They sang Alive Alive Alive Forevermore, it is now stuck in my head! It is a GREAT song to have stuck in your head, singing it makes me feel happy and joyful! Jesus is ALIVE!

Aidman came home with some GREAT projects this week and I just had to share. Above is a cross made of Popsicle sticks and a half of a foam ball. He painted each and added flowers and a purple cloth. I think it is so pretty and will use it as our table centerpiece on Easter.

This is a Jelly Bean with jelly bean sponge painting on it. In the corner is a paper that says...

Jelly Beans for Jesus
Red is the blood He gave
Green is for the grass He made
Yellow is for the sun so bright
Orange is for the edge of night
Black is for the sins that were made
White is for the grace He gave
Purple is for the hour of sorrow
Pink is for the new tomorrow


He also made a basket with eggs and grass in it. It says...

The Legend of the Easter Egg
On Easter Sunday,
Christians celebrate Christ's resurrection.
The egg, an ancient symbol of new life,
has become for Christians
a symbol of the resurrection.
Through the gift of Easter eggs,
Christians remind each other
that through Christ's resurrection,
they too will conquer death
and receive the gift of eternal life.

5 comments:

Ally said...

Great crafts, he looks so proud! =)

Kristen, pajama mama said...

we've been doing egg crafts all week, but never really thought about the symbolism...thanks, I will have to share this with my kiddos,
kristen

jennwa said...

Those are all great Easter projects. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great Easter !!

Bobbi & Noe said...

I remember having a bracelet with the colors of Jesus when I was little. Brings back memories. I wanna do that with my kids. Love your crafts!

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

I love all of the religious stuff that you did! What great ideas! :-)