Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fairy Gardens

Today we went to a Fairy Garden Playdate at my friend M's house (she host a gardening playdate once a month).

Several of the little girls dressed up like fairies. Lyssy and AB wore tutus that my sister made and little fairy wings that I made. I used a wire clothes hanger, knee highs, ribbon, and glitter glue to make them, it was pretty easy.

The girls LOVED dressing up like fairies!!!


We took a fairy flannel book to read. I'll post the name of it later, I left the book at M's house.


We hunted for a special fairy house.



Then we made a fairy garden. Each child was given a shoe box size plastic container with soil, a mini bird house ($1 at Michaels), a rock, a shell, stones, feathers, stickers, butterfly confetti, glittler glue, grass seeds, and alfalfa seeds.



Lyssy is painting the house with glitter glue.



Here is her finished product.


This is what it will look like in a week or two.


We even got some flying practice in!!








13 comments:

Mama King said...

Love it! We will be planting a fairy garden too but were waiting for warmer weather. Until then - we can make a small one to grow inside. Thanks for the idea! The kids look so happy!

Unknown said...

I love that. I am going to have to make one with my daughter.

FTM said...

I love it! It sounds like so much fun.

Kimba1026 said...

That looked like awesome fun! Lyssy needs to make Granny one, too.

jennwa said...

What little girls would not love all that ? The fairy garden is darling. My girls would love them.

Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

Katie said...

Love it Brandy! I think we're going to do another Earth Day post at ABC & 123 and I am so going to add this to it!

Christy Killoran said...

Oh, I love that idea.

ONE PiNK FiSH said...

Perfect for all wee folks.

Ticia said...

What a great idea! I'll have ot note it for later.

Bobbi & Noe said...

The fairy garden is awesome!

TwoHeartsTogether said...

Those are cute! Love the idea <3
Thanks for sharing

Superfunmam said...

This is SOOO neat. Thank you for posting this. It is a must do.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Stopping by from Abc & 123 - I love this idea. So creative! My daughters would love this too! Thanks for sharing!