Monday, January 11, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday ~ Learning

Today's Muffin Tin Monday theme is Back to School or Learning!


My kiddos LOVE LOVE LOVE circle time. The funny thing is that we do not do an extensive circle time, but they love it any way. Every day after quiet/nap time (about 3 pm ish) we sit down and do our calendar, and talk about the theme, shape, color, letter, and number of the week. We also read books and poems to go along with the theme, play educational games, do some type of large motor skill, and go on a hunt of something in the house that goes along with the letter, shape, or color of the week. Aferwards, we normally do an art, math, or science project. I like doing this stuff in the afternoons because it leaves are mornings free for playdates, park trips, and I work 3 mornings a week but am home by the end of quiet time.


Today our muffin tin went along with our circle time. We had Square cracker with White cheese on it, 7 peanuts, Square shaped mango, and beets, broccoli cheese soup, and bread for the letter Bb.

Happy faces all around! It was yummy!

13 comments:

Our Little Family said...

What a great tin! I've just started doing a calendar time with Maddie and she's loving it. :)

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

That's such a great tin to tie in with your circle time!

Anonymous said...

Great tie in with the tin and circle time.

Donette said...

I love your tin...must look for a recipe for the soup in winter (i am in summer)

Unknown said...

I like your school wall. Very cute!

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Cute! It looks like a workbox system wall... very organized. :)

Val

w said...

hahaahah! i just read your note under the "leave your comment". oh man. hilarious. and now. i've lost my train of thought.

oh yes. beets. that's where i was. i love beets. but not for the kids. not until they are mastered in the art of silverware.

Debbie said...

How cute. I can't believe your kids eat beets! Mine would throw them at me:)

Susana said...

You are awesome to get them to eat beets!!

We need to do circle time!!

UtahJenny said...

I am impressed you all do beets - but I really want some of that soup - YUM!

kristin said...

oh, how wonderful to find someone who seems to love their work!

what clever ideas and it all looks so cozy.

' said...

I love soup - I wish I could get my daughter to eat soup in her tin.

Elizabeth said...

What a great tin! Everything looks really yummy too :)