
Today we learned alittle about the Artist Jasper Johns. We looked at and admired several of his pieces, like the Figure 4 above.

Then we got to recreating some of his work. I gave each of the kiddos a black number 4 and had them glue it to white construction paper. Then, we used the same color paints that Jasper Johns used, orange, red, yellow, and blue.

I LOVE the way these turned out!

Aidman's

Lyssy LOVES to paint!

Lyssy's

AB's, I like that she completely covered the black paper.

After the kiddos finished their Figure 4's, Aidman said "ok Mom, now I want to make the Flag like Jasper Johns. I need red and blue paint and some white paper." Naturally, I gave it to him (and to Lyssy too) and let them create.

I love his face here.

Tomorrow I will give them some star stickers to finish the flags.

I don't think we can ever paint just one picture!

Good job Lyssy!
5 comments:
Those are absolutely beautiful! I wasn't familiar with the artist so I am going to look him up:)
Love how the pictures of the "4's" turned out!! cute!
they did a great job!
I love this!
When you look at the works of an artist, do you look at images on the computer, or are you using books, or prints? Just curious! :)
Right now I have been using the internet, but there is an art book on my wish list that I hope to have very very soon.
Post a Comment