We've decided to home school the kiddos for the rest of this preschool year. With me now working (part time) and so much going on, it is sometimes nice for me to not have to think on my own to come up with GREAT ideas for kids activities! I can not thank all you other mommy bloggers enough for all the inspiration I get from you!
This could NOT have been a better Florida week to learn about Winter! Today, in central FL, it is 35 degrees with snow flurries and sleet! The kiddos even got to play in the sleet for a few minutes! Some activities we did this week were...

Painting with "snow".

Actually, it was 1 part glue to 1 part shaving cream. We got this AWESOME idea from
Funny Days with Maddy and Mommy.

The cool part is that is dried like soft puffy paint.

We made snowflakes by putting tape on paper and painting over it.

We got this idea from
Frugal Family Fun Blog.

We took it one step further by adding glitter. Tomorrow, we will remove the tape to revel beautiful snowflakes!

We have talked ALOT this week about the different season so this idea from
Ten Kids and a Dog was the perfect art tree for winter.


They LOVED shaking salt on the papers!

See the 2 dots of salt up top? We used a glue stick for those and it worked! I was experimenting to see if it would to see if I could use this idea in my baby art class (they are not quite ready for glue bottles).

Beautiful!

This week we also.... tweezed and counted "snowballs" (cotton balls),

had a snowball fight and threw "snowballs" (crumbled up paper) at Daddy,
cut snowflakes, made shape snowmen, played "Don't Break the Ice", melted ice, had a race dressing and undressing in winter clothes, ice skated on paper towels throughout the house,read LOTS of Winter books, played in fake Sno, and did Letter Ss activities.
8 comments:
Looks like I will be "borrowing" all of your borrowed ideas!! These are great! Thanks for sharing.
Wow - you were busy this week. I love it that there was some real snow:)
great activities this week! love the "snowball" fight b-tween Eric and liss! I wanna see the snowflake reveal been thinking of doing it w Lu
What a great snow themed week! I love borrowing ideas, too - so many great ones out there!!
I love the hand project.
I get my best ideas from blogs too!
Sometimes I miss an idea - like, I read Ten Kids and a Dog, but somehow I missed that great snowy tree idea you showed today! Luckily, many of my favorite bloggers do just what you did, and share ideas and projects even if the inspiration wasn't originally theirs. Now I've got a cool winter tree project on my list for this month. Thanks!
i really enjoy checking your blog at mylunch hr at work or before school. I did the tape and snowflake thing and the paper ripped it was constuctiion i need to use oaktag thicker.
You should join my blog and be a follower, you have great ideas.
i love all u did! I think snow is such a great theme. i wish i stayed somewhere where it snowed...maybe we will have one anyway in Winter when it is cold...
Post a Comment