Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ss Cooking with Kids

My kiddos LOVE to get in the Kitchen!!

For the letter Ss, we Spread some peanut butter and jelly onto bread to make yummy Sandwiches. I let my kiddos make their own sandwiches ALL the time, they enjoy doing it, it gives me alittle bit of a break while I'm getting the rest of their lunch together, and it's good for small motor and practical life skills.

Another Ss food we made this week was Salad! This is yet another thing that I almost always let the kiddos make when we have it.

They rip the lettuce.
Cut red bell pepper with a butter knife.

Cut cucumber, broccoli, cheese, carrots, and add tomatoes.

Look at these YUMMY Salads!!!

Join A Little Fun with Me and Lu for Kids in the Kitchen!

9 comments:

Sherry said...

I really think it is cute how you guys made a food that started with the letter of the week!

Ally said...

Those salads do look yummy!

Mama King said...

I just started letting Lu help make her own lunches. She loves it and likes me to call her my little chef! Your kids are cuties!

Ticia said...

I did draw the horse, thank you for the compliment.
I love your comment bar, I so need adult conversation.

teachmama said...

Hello! LOVE the salad idea for S!! I have to get on your letter kick--I think I'll hit your archives next school year!

Just stopping by from teachmama to see how I can help you download any files you might need--or I can email you what you need. Let me know!

i thought that 4shared made things easier! Gah! Computers!!

Preschool Playbook said...

They did a great job with those salads--could even be served in a restaurant!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

They did a great job! !I need to let my own girls do this more often : )

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with what your kids can do in the kitchen. Those salads look wonderful!

Mandy said...

I bet they eat the salads more happily because they made them!