
Cherries are on sale this week, so we bought a bunch (probably too much). Lyssy and I decided to make cherry cobbler because Daddy loves any dessert with cherries.
Lyssy took the stems off the cherries.

I pitted the cherries using a straw (yes that is a crazy straw, but it worked wonders).

Lyssy poured in the ingredients.

And mixed it all up.

Top it with vanilla bean ice cream and you have a pretty good dessert.
I'm not going to include the recipe because I did not love it (the cherries were great, the breading wasn't as good). If you have a good cherry cobbler or crisp recipe then please send it my way!
Join A little fun with me and Lu for more
kids in the kitchen!
6 comments:
Lissy looks SOOO SWEET!
I never knew you could pit cherries this way, very cool! Your cherry cobbler looks delicious - if you get a recipe for the cobbler part that you love, please post it?
read this post, I follow her, and read this story thinking of the story you told me today and how rude strangers are
http://www.mommadanddaboyz.com/2009/07/ill-will-of-strangers.html
Great tip with the straw and cherry pitting. I don't have a pitter but have lots of straws! Can't help on the cobbler....I always make cherry chrisp instead. I love brown sugar and crunch :)
Really cool way to pit cherries~!!
I do the same thing when I'm hulling strawberries...
Post a Comment