Friday, July 10, 2009

Jungle Painting

What happens when an uncoordinated 3 year old swipes hair out of her face while holding a paintbrush???
.
.
.

A painted forehead happens!! How could I NOT laugh at this! Poor kid is crying and her mama is doubled over laughing!

Not to worry! A wash cloth saves the day!


Today I asked the kiddos if they would like to paint a jungle. Anytime I mention paint their are hoots and hoorays and today did not disappoint. I asked what color paint we needed to paint a jungle and they said green and brown. Later Aidman asked for blue, because his jungle needed a waterfall.


Afterwards, Aidman said "It looks like a rain forest too 'cause the vines look like a canopy".

This weekend we will be on the hunt for some jungle animal stickers to add to our painting.

Join us over at The Ramblings of a Crazy Woman for We Made It Friday Showcase.

10 comments:

Anne said...

My girls paint topless too! :)

MaryAnne said...

Great painting!

Crystal said...

Cute idea! Their jungle turned out great. Also your jack activities below look like a lot of fun.

Shannon said...

Looks like fun! I need to remember to strip my guy down to paint...he hates wearing paint shirts.

Denise said...

Great activity!

Sherry said...

and this is why we call her PRISSY Lissy LOL .... too funny! Tell my little Lis I love her cuteness!

Ticia said...

And that is why kids take baths after painting.

jennwa said...

I love having kids paint with a theme. They always do such a great idea.
I love the paint on the forehead. Too cute.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I love the jungle painting idea... and your kids are so cute! Looks like they were having a lot of fun! The first pic had me laughing so hard! :-)

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

I loved the kiddos jungled painting. They did a great job.