Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Picnic Begins

Who doesn't LOVE picnics?? I am going to join the fun Picnic over at ABC and 123, won't you join us too?

This is our family...

I am Branflakes, a fun loving and crafty mama. I am a stay at home mom and LOVE spending time with my kiddos and teaching them as much as I can. I also NEED me time, so I take it because without it I'm not the best mom I could be.
Hugging me is my sweet, cuddly, 4 1/2 year old, talk to anybody, mama's boy, Aidman. He is ALL boy! He loves dirt, bikes, bugs, army guys, and wants to be a police "oppicer" when he grows up.


Here is Daddy. He just started his own business in February in the computer field and I could not be prouder of him. He is a great provider and supports me in any crazy off the wall thing I do with the kids (you have seen the wall haven't you?).
Snuggling with her daddy is 3 year old Prissy Lyssy. She is prissy, but she's also so much fun and LOVES to tag along with her big brother. She is IN the terrible 3's (we didn't have terrible 2's, it hit both my kids at 3), and is giving mama a run for her money. She is very shy around people she doesn't know or hasn't seen in a while, and that's about the only time she clings to mama, other than then she is little miss independent.
Adventures of a Flake is about our family. It has alittle of everything on it: our playdates, our ABC learning, mama's time away from the kids, our fun outings, our cute crafts, and more. I know Adventures of a Flake seems like such a STRANGE name for a blog and makes me sound flighty. And while I am flighty sometimes, I'm not usually. I thought it was funny and tied in cute with my nickname Branflakes. If I could change it I would, but it just seems like too much of a hassle at this point.
The kiddos and I LOVE craft projects, usually the open ended ones or the ones they come up with on their own are our favorites. We LOVE to get out of the house and go hang out with friends, we LOVE our playgroup. We love going to church (especially when mama's the preschool teacher) and small group. We love being silly, laughing, and just being together.
We also LOVE picnics!! Here in Florida, our favorite time to picnic is October through April (because June- Sept. it can be around 100 degrees outside and unless I'm in the water, I really don't wanna be in the hot and humid weather). But the summer months are GREAT for beach picnics, and we go there often. We have Great wooden picnic table in our backyard that we have picnics on several times a week during our "fall/winter" season.
Join me over at ABC and 123's Prize Picnic for some table talk so we can all get to know each other alittle better! And while you're here, feel free to snoop around my blog, you just might find some fun things!

19 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Great to "meet" you - looks like you do some great activities with your kids!

Anonymous said...

So nice to meet you. I've been looking for more activities to do, so I'll be looking at your blog for some ideas! :)

I'm KC from The Wonder Years

Crystal said...

Your blog looks like a lot of fun. I am excited to look through all of your ABC ideas and other projects.

Annette W. said...

You sound a lot like me! I don't think I would enjoy living in Florida though...unless I never went outside! It's humid enough here in PA! Nice to meet you!

Dawn said...

Stopping by from the Prize Picnic-nice to meet you!! I agree with you on the terrible threes-that's definitely when it hit for all my girls. I'm off to check out all your letter posts-my 3 and 6 yr old love working with letters.

Katie said...

It was fun to read a bit more about you and your family. I love the police "oppicer" comment. I am sure those bad guys will take him so seriously when he introduces himself as "Oppicer Aid" - smiles!
It is also interesting to think that this would be the off season for your picnics down there in FL, but I totally get it!
Looking forward to hearing more from you throughout the summer!

Jenny said...

Nice to meet you! It looks like you all do a lot of fun activities.

Michelle said...

What a great post!! I love reading your blog and am so glad you joined the picnic :0)

Mama King said...

Hey Branflakes! Funny, I really love reading your blog too! You do such great activities with your kiddos!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Hi! Stopping by from ABC & 123! Nice to meet you! I can not wait to read about your crafts! Off to do some reading!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

You know, I've always heard that 3 is harder than 2 and that it should have been called that...I just have have to say PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE NOOOOOOOOOO! I can't imagine harder. LOL
What does your husband do in computers? Congrats to him for stepping out and doing that. It's very commendable especially at such a precarious time. I wish him MUCH success!
I took a look around your blog and I just LOVE you ideas, I just put you in my reader.

Diana said...

Thanks for the fun intro. I am excited to look thru your letter ideas.

LitLass said...

I enjoyed reading your intro. I'm going to have try your candy recipe...

Kimba1026 said...

I love the name of your blog...Branflakes

Annie said...

Nice to meet you. Your kids are beautiful.

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

I love reading your blog, and it's great to get to know more about you guys. Can't wait to read your blog for more great ideas. :)

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog! My little one didn't hit terrible 2's until a few weeks ago and she'll be 3 in August. Maybe we should change the name!

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Been reading your blog for awhile now. Glad you joined he picnic too. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Tammy

***Sharon*** said...

Police oppicer! AWWWWW! It was nice reading about you! Looking forward to getting to know you better at the picnic! :)