
Today we made colored rice to put in the sensory table for the letter Rr. As soon as it was in the bucket Aidman says "hey mom, it's the colors of a rainbow!".

To get it colored, put rice in Ziploc bags. Add a capful of rubbing alcohol and 4 or 5 drops of food coloring. Shake the bag around to get the color mixed good, then put it in an open container and let it dry for about an hour so the alcohol smell will go away.

If you've never let your kids play with uncooked rice before, you should! Lyssy played with it for over an hour and a half throughout the day. She LOVED it. We even took it to Aidman's t-ball game to occupy her while he played.
5 comments:
I love the rainbow rice. I may have to do that for my preschool class.
I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond about my button. You need to copy the code at the bottom of the picture of my button. Then post that in your post or you can put it on your side bar as a picture. I hope that helps, I am not too computer savy. If you need more help just let me know and I can get more specific abut putting it on your sidebar.
Thanks for wanting to spread the news. I love seeing everybodies ideas. And the more people we get, the more ideas we get to see.
I like this. It's a winning activity when the kids can have fun making it and fun playing with the product. My toddler would want to glue the rice to paper. Thank you for participating in Kid Friendly Friday!
Neat! We may have to try this soon. :)
What a great idea to dye rice. Thanks!
This is fun! My girls love anything in the discovery table. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment