Kk was a difficult letter to find household items for our math projects, so I made a few things. First, I made counting kites by cutting diamond and bow shapes out of pattern paper. Then I attached a piece of yarn to the diamond and wrote a number 1-10 on each of the kites. The kiddos job is to put the correct number of bows onto each kite string.
Next, I made Kite puzzles. I cut diamond shapes out of pattern paper and then cut each diamond into 2 pieces in zigzag patterns. Both kiddos had a difficult time with this (I think I gave then too many at once (10), plus neither of them are really into puzzles), so I glued one piece of each puzzle to a solid color diamond and this seemed to help them more.
3 comments:
Oh man! I am so stealing this. The little guy always wants KITES (that we can never get in the air!) so this might hold him over until we can figure out how to fly a real one! ;)
I will probably make math problems on them to work for his level. Thanks so much for the idea!
This is a really cute idea. My son loves counting AND puzzles.
Very cute, I'll keep this in mind for K too, the whole post may be made up of your activities LOL!
Post a Comment