Saturday, March 14, 2009

Coffee Filter Butterflies

First we colored coffee filters with markers.
Then we sprayed them with water.

Then we let them dry.


Finally, we turned them into butterflies by scrunching the center and twisting half a pipe cleaner around it. Lyssy REALLY loves thes butterflies!
We read The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Sadly that is the only butterfly book we could find on our shelves, and we have at least a hundred books! Looks like we need to go to the library!
Head over to Just for Fun for some other Friday book projects.



5 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait to do this with Emily...I loved this when I was little. Yours came out really great!!

Anonymous said...

I did that last summer with the girls with food coloring... its so much fun! I found a similar project online where you color a paper towel with markers, and then spray them with a water bottle.

Mama King said...

I'll put coffee filters on my list for the next trip to the grocery store!

Anonymous said...

I serve snack in coffee filters so I always have these laying around! Thanks for sharing this quick project that is easy even for 2 year olds! :)
I posted this project at my site TwoHeartsTogether check it out here:
http://www.twoheartstogether.com/2009/03/14/coffee-filter-butterflies/

Amberella said...

Hi! I've enjoyed reading your blog and getting ideas for fun projects so I gave you a reward! ;) Click here to get it!