Thursday, March 12, 2009

Radish Planting

Today we went to a Playdate at my friend M's house. She LOVES to do gardening playdates and this was the first one we were able to make it to. Today we planted radishes (which worked out perfectly for us for the letter Rr week). We had a really great time and the kiddos are very excited about their radishes.

M collected milk and oj cartons, cleaned them out, and cut one side off. She then poked holed in the bottom and covered the sides with white contact paper. The kiddos decorated the planters with stickers and crayons.

They then filled the planters an inch from the top with soil. Then they sprinkled on radish seeds and filled to the top with more soil. M finished it off with alittle organic fertilizer and let the kiddos water them.



This is how it will look in one week.

This is how it will look in two weeks.



2 comments:

Christie said...

Oooh, we may have to try that. Can it be done indoors you think? We have grass growing right now and that has been so exciting!

jennwa said...

I love this idea, I can not wait to start growing some things with my kids. I just want to wait to it warms up a little.

I love that you used the cartons.

Thanks for linking. Have a great weekend.