Monday, February 1, 2010

Art

This is why I keep paper and writing materials available to my kiddos at ALL times! All of this art work was done last week, and there was no help from grown ups at all (most of the time the grown ups weren't even in the same room or were but were otherwise occupied).


Aidman drew a picture of Mommy and a sunflower (this was my Birthday card).

Here is another picture of me that Aidman drew.

Lyssy made this colorful picture. She didn't tell me what it was and I didn't ask (she would have if it were important).

Aidman drew a tent, a campfire, and Daddy.

Aidman drew this spaceship. See the flag? I did make the yellow dots for the stars and told him how to draw them, because he REALLY wanted stars.

This is a house and person that Aidman drew.

Lyssy made several suns and dots here.

Aidman made this Batman for Daddy.

I encourage you, if you don't have art materials at a hands reach for your children then get them out and set up an art area! You will be BLOWN away by their creativity and ability!

6 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Most of our art supplies are always available too - with the exception of GLITTER and non-washable paints.

Great artwork!

Vone said...

I have a table in my craft room that has a bunch of stuff for the girls to create with. My oldest is into making collages right now and my little one loves to colour. I love that they can entertain themselves and it's very cute to see what they come up with on their own.

Banana said...

We monitor the crayons and markers since finding our 4yr old under the table coloring the tile grout blue, but my kids LOVE to draw, so we keep the Magnadoodle boards handy!

Deborah Stewart said...

How wonderful to just be able to express yourself without any agendas - rules - or limitations through art. Wonderful photos - thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

I love it! ER happened to make something that looked like a kitty. Completely by accident of course but still. I am so glad I got a picture of it before she scribbled all over it. It's so fun to see the spontaneous art kids come up with.

Unknown said...

I am really enjoying your blog, it is amazing what kids will come up with when they have full access to things. My kids have always had full access to the art supplies and my daughter has come up with some wonderful projects. I also had set up a writing center they had a blast with, I really have to replenish that one! Loved the pictures you shared with us!