Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cutting

This is what my kitchen table looks like every Wednesday afternoon. Junk mail COVERS the table. Kids sit around the table reading and looking at pictures, drawing on, and cutting junk mail. Lots of interesting talk goes on at this Wednesday afternoon table.

And other interesting things happen too, like the hand switch. Notice above Lyssy is cutting with her right hand.
And now she is cutting with her left hand. She cuts perfectly fine with either hand, but she writes best with her left hand. Funny thing is that I write with my left hand and cut with my right.

FUN times!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the accessories! too cute!

Unknown said...

boy does she look like she is having fun! I love her fashion wear as well! I am really enjoying your blog.

Elise said...

I love how Lyssy is dressed for an afternoon of fun with junk mail - so sweet.

My little girl is also a fan of the junk mail. What a great idea to have this as a weekly activity.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Thanks for your comment on my blog! I was looking for the conversation hearts post. I'm sure it was a hit. Probably would have been easier than using the tiny cinnamon hearts!
Smiles to you!
http://mymontessorihomeblog.blogspot.com

Bran said...

I didn't post about it... sorry for the confusion.