Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentines Decor

Yesterday we set up our February calendar and talked all about the month and the holidays in it. Aidman noticed that we had not decorated yet for Valentines Day and decided that we needed to make wreaths (they LOVE making wreaths for their bedroom doors), so we got to work and making our home look lovely!

Last year after Valentines Day I bought a bunch of heart foamies on clearance and they came in very handy!

I made this wreath, which I happen to like the least of them all. I should have just had the kids made it for me.

AB was very proud of her work!

I love how Aidman always wants to get close to his art when I take a picture.

Here is Lyssy's on her door, how pretty!

Then we decided to make a banner. I put a bunch of foam hearts on the craft table for them to color with markers. I figured it would take a couple days for them to do all 18 hearts. Boy, was I wrong! Come to find out, coloring on foam is SUPER FUN! They all sat there and colored all 18 hearts in one sitting!

I then wrote the letters on, hole punched, and tied them together.

Anyone coming to our house knows that kiddos live here!

We are still planning on making pretty suncatchers for our kitchen windows, but that will be another day.

8 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Great decorations. Collin likes to get close to his art for pictures too - funny!

Michelle said...

So cute, their wreaths look adorable. I love the idea of hanging them on their door. btw ~ Emily and Juliette has the same nameplates, my sister got them when they were each born and I love them!

CountryFunMaine said...

Love the large circular wreath, although the kids did good too.
We've done the heart banner in years past writing something on each heart we were thankful for or loved.
Found you from 'we teach' network. So saying hi from Country Fun.

Unknown said...

Kiddo Decor- it's the best there is!

Just adorable!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I know I'll be sad when there's no longer scribbled artwork decorating my house. :) It's a great garland!

If you make the bird feeder, post and link back to me. I'd love to see how it turned out and if the birdies liked it. :)

danita said...

my house may be cluttered with kids artwork, but i love that it says kids live here and they are important!

Adriana said...

I love that wreath! What a great idea to let the kids decorate their doors for the holidays! Diego would love that!

Kyrstin said...

Hi - I love the wreath! I am glad I found your blog on We Teach
Kyrstin
www.seewhatwedidtoday.blogspot.com