
This weeks Open Ended Art over at
Mommies Little Artist is to be inspired by Hans Hoffman. I started off by showing the kiddos several of Hans Hoffman pieces. We talked all about his artwork and how he used alot of rectangles. Then we decided to make our own rectangle artwork.

I broke out some of my scrapbooking stencils that only get used for kids art since I NEVER scrap anymore.

The kiddos LOVED using them to paint with.

Afterwards, I asked if they wanted to paint around their rectangles like Hans Hoffman did, and they said yes!

Here is Aidman's. He ended up using the square stencil.

Her is AB's work.

And here is Lyssy's work. I think this one looks the most like a Hans Hoffman piece.

When we have the paint out they CANNOT make just one painting!! So they painted more. This time they all decided to make vegetable gardens, I wish I would have taken a picture of the finished product to show because these gardens are very impressive!!
9 comments:
WOW!! They did a super great job! Both pieces are very Hoffman inspired. (PS: Love the carrots!)
what fun love the colors!!
you should frame those, they are great!
Very cool! I can't wait till my little one is older and we can do more.
I love this!
So cool! I also like that you used such bright paper. It adds another dimension to the artwork.
What a great idea to use the stencils! They came out great!
I found you through a link on open ended art and then I nearly fell out of my chair. My nickname in grammar school was branflakes also!
Love how they turned out!
Post a Comment