Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cucumber Sandwiches

Today I told the kids we were going to make dip. This is a cucumber sandwich base, but I was afraid they might not eat it or want to make it if I told them that, plus I had every intention of letting them eat it like a dip if they so wanted to.

They added to their own bowl: 2 TBS mayo, 2 TBS cream cheese,

1/4 tsp each onion powder, salt, pepper, garlic; and 1/2 tsp dill.

Then mixed it.

I then told them we could eat it 2 different ways, we could make a cucumber sandwich with it or dip veggies in it. To my surprise, they wanted to make sandwiches.

The pictures of them eating it turned out too cute!

They LOVED these sandwiches!!

We are using the leftover dip for veggies this afternoon.

Go check out more Kids in the Kitchen.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

The last pic of Lissy is SOO CUTE and did AB get her hair cut? Its cute!

Teresa said...

What a great idea. The pics are so good also.

Michelle said...

I Love cucumber dip and I was looking for a good recipe. I can't wait to try this when I can have dairy again :0) Thank you for sharing!!!