Thursday, June 11, 2009

Arts & Crafts Table Talk


We LOVE LOVE LOVE Arts and Crafts!!! Today's Picnic Table Talk at Abc & 123 is all about arts and crafts, go check it out!

Both of my kids love to paint and cut and ask to do so often. My favorite art for them to do is to draw, I just love to see what their little minds come up with.

At all times, I keep out a journal for each child plus some type of writing utensil (markers, crayons, colored pencils, etc.). I think EVERY child should have constant access to paper and crayons. I love to look through their journals to see what they've done while I wasn't looking. Above is Hulk, Aidman made him today and then wanted to know how to spell his name. The entire time he drew he sang "Hulk Smashing" in a deep and loud voice.

Here is a self portrait of Aidman wearing his baseball uniform. Notice the nipples and bellybutton.

Lyssy has been practicing drawing people and has a journal full of these little guys.


I also love crafts that the kiddos ask for by name. On this day they wanted to make a butterfly and told me what they needed from the craft closet in order to accomplish it. You can see how we made them here.


It pretty much is the same story for these cute Rainbow fish.

We do lots and lots of art projects, so please check them out here.


13 comments:

LitLass said...

I love your butterflies and fish, and I completely agree with you about the constant access to paper and crayons--I think we have paper for our kids and something to write/draw with in every room of our house.

MaryAnne said...

I love the idea of keeping an art journal for each child, it looks like your kids really enjoy theirs. The butterflies and fish look great, too!

Crystal said...

I love the idea of a journal. I always have paper handy but I think a journal would make it more meaningful and a great keepsake in the future. I love your blog and all of the fun projects you do.

Mama King said...

Haha! Like your leave a comment remark. I do too!
I have been wanting to start a journal with Lu! Thanks for cementing the idea for me.

Jenny said...

Cute!

My daughter loves to draw, but doesn't like cutting. She'll start, but then says she can't do it. I think she just doesn't like to sit still that long! LOL!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I agree I think children should always have access to paper and some writing/coloring utencils.
CUTE fish!

Anonymous said...

Your projects are great. I am impressed what your children can draw and hope that it will happen here one day. And I should really bring paper and crayons down from its lofty shelf.

Susana said...

I'm a sucker for butterfly and fish crafts, so I really like these ideas! Your kids did a great job, too!

Diana said...

Such cute fish. You have some great ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Ally said...

The journals are a great idea I think I'll start the kids on theirs over the weekend.

Aidman seems really good at writing letters, any tips? How old is he? I know he's "4", I'm just wondering how close to "5"?

If you want you can email me(mommylove05@gmail.com) =)

Katie said...

I really like their little journals. What a special record of their art and interests.

Beth said...

I am VERY ready for my one year old to start using the crayons rather than eating them so they can be more accessible for my older kids! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Christy Killoran said...

I really love the journal idea. I think I told you that before though. I have to get on board with that. My kids have constant access to most of our art supplies. Sometimes, I feel guilty because they use and sometimes waste a lot of paper but I try to recycle as much of it as I can.