Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent Calendar


Last year when I first started reading blogs I came along a post on the Crafty Crow about advent calendars. After just taking down my first ever Thankful Tree, I just HAD to put something up in it's place and I LOVED the idea of an activity advent calendar.

So... I made this one. I LOVE it. It looks pretty and elegant in my kitchen and it's full of holiday charm.


The BEST part is that my kiddos LOVE it too! The day after Thanksgiving, they were begging to take down the thankful tree in order to put up the advent calendar. I did go ahead and put it up but, too bad for them that they'll have to wait until December 1st to do their first activity.


Our activities include:
~Many local events: Holiday Walkabout, the Parade, Lights of Lakeland, PALS Christmas Dance, Christmas Lane, and Ice Skating.
~Special Gifts: Christmas socks, PJ's, and a new Christmas book.
~Fun times together: having a tea party, making ornaments, watching Christmas movies, making pizza for dinner, game nights, going to the park, going on a nature hike, making Holiday crafts, and making candy and cookies.

3 comments:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

What a great idea. Love the different envelopes.

teachmama said...

we are on the same wavelength! I'll be thinking of your family doing their 'advent activities' as we do ours for the next 24 days--

cheers, friend!

Katie said...

Ha ha ha, we must have the same taste in scrapbook paper or at least we buy the same pads cause an awful lot of yours looks familiar. Like it's stacked about a foot away from me!