
Today 14 mamas from my playgroup walked in the 5K Race for the Cure for the Susan G. Koman Foundation.

We made this cute banner.

And this In Honor Of and In Memory Of sign. There are too many names on that list if you ask me.

This was a truly amazing experience for me. Watching the Survivor Walk brought tears to all of our eyes. Our entire walk there were hoots and hollars and people standing on the sidelines clapping and girl scouts handing out water. I'm tearing up just typing this. It was just so wonderful and so touching, I can't even express how wonderful this was. I think every woman should participate in this at some point in their lives.

The news said there were 13 thousand people there.

Here we are crossing the finish line.
2 comments:
This is great! I usually do this too!! I know so many with/have had breast cancer, including my best friend, who currently has it.
I have run this for the past 3 years. It is an awesome experience. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Our race is this coming weekend here in Oklahoma City! I am running on a team with a few wonderful girlfriends. Good for you! Love your blog!
Post a Comment