Monday, October 5, 2009

MTM- All About Me

Today's Muffin Tin Monday is All About Me, so we decided to eat out favorites for lunch. Since I didn't want to make them each their very own meal, I put out several things I had on hand and let them choose their favorite things to eat. The choices were: bread, saltines, or butter crackers; peanut butter or turkey; cottage cheese, yogurt, or cheese; cucumber, tomato, or broccoli; grapes, orange, or apple; pretzels, chips, or goldfish.

Lyssy choose butter crackers, peanut butter, apples, cucumbers, yogurt, and pretzels.

AB choose cucumbers, saltines, turkey, pretzels, yogurt, and apple.

Aidman choose apple, yogurt, tomato, bread, turkey, and chips.

They enjoyed having their favorites for lunch!

13 comments:

Susana said...

They look so sweet and proud holding their little MTM lunches:-).

I love it!

Rebecca said...

I agree, they look very proud. Good job!

Christy Killoran said...

Good idea. They are so cute. My kitchen has ceramic tile that looks just like yours.

I keep forgetting to tell you that R still talks about the swap and named one of her teddy bears Alyssa.

Trudie said...

They do look so cute! Like the idea of them choosing their own tins.

The Activity Mom said...

Oooh I like the idea of them making their own trays.

Jamie said...

I love their cute little smiles! Good idea to let them pick out their favorites!

Sherry said...

cute how they got to pick out their own food! They each had different tins too! :) They do look proud love those smiles!

Our Little Family said...

What a fun take on it!! I love how happy and excited they look!

Unknown said...

I like the idea of letting them chose and make their own tin. Cute pics!

Sandra said...

They look so proud and adorable. What a good idea letting them make up their own custom tins!

Mrs. K said...

I like how you let them build their own and placed each food group together. My oldest would have chips, pretzels, goldfish, bread, and both crackers if I didn't specify he could only have one of each category!

Mama King said...

What a great and fun way to promote independence and healthy eating!

Michelle said...

I love the choices, it must have been very exciting for them!!