Monday, May 10, 2010

Flower Pool Noodle Art

Today we had a playdate. We decided to use pool noodles to makes some flower art. I bought the flower shaped pool noodles at the Dollar Tree and cut them into 3 different sizes with a serrated knife (apparently, I can't cut straight).

We used the thickest noodles to do flower painting prints.

I love the brightness of this art.

We used the skinniest noodles along with silk flowers and cut out magazine flowers to make flower collages.

Many of the children sat for a very long time doing this gluing project.

We used the medium noodles, cut pieces of straws, and beads to make necklaces.

Aidman was very proud of his necklace.

21 comments:

Deborah Stewart said...

Great ideas!!

Anonymous said...

Great use of a buck!!! ;):)
Angie B.

Mama King said...

Great ideas! I love the necklace.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to use pool noodles. They are so long that you could do many things with one noodle.

Steph said...

That is so cute! Trisha would love that.

Unknown said...

That is an awesome Idea! Love it!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

LOVE this! where do you get the flower pool noodles I so want to get some!!!:)

I can't cut straight either so its great to know i'm not the only one.

Bran said...

The Dollar Tree is where I got them.

Debbie said...

Great ideas! I would never have thought of using pool noodles for flowers.

Anne said...

Love the pool noodle idea. My daughter will not go in the pool without one and we're looking for a way to lose it. Cutting it up seems like a great option.

Mickymar said...

Your idea of a pool noodle for the spongy is a great idea. Who'd a thought. Its great when ideas like this come to light. Your flowers are lovely.

Gift Baskets

Translation Services said...

Great ideas! That is an awesome Idea! Love it!

Unknown said...

We painted with apples this week. We'll have to try the noodles.

I'm passing on an award to you! The Versatile Bloggers Award
http://monkeyseedo-terra.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-bloggers-award.html

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I had no idea you could do so many things with pool noodles!

Hope you and your family are enjoying a wonderful Summer! :-)

Vallimasoos said...

I actually cut a noodle up for a flower themed dinner for one of my mom's group. I put a pom-pom in the middle for a colorful center!

A friend used them for a baby shower too!

I LOVE the necklaces...DOS would love one!

Smita Srivastava said...

Thats amazing !!! Looks so colorful ....

- Smita
http://littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com/

Baby Seat said...

Wow!!!!!!!
Its an amazing.I can't cut straight either so its great to know i'm not the only one.
Baby Seat.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Those are cute! My daughter would love that. She's very crafty! Thanks!

Jennifer said...

What a cute craft... I'm going to be on the look out for play dates that you host! :)

Laura Marchant said...

Very cute idea!

Mihaela { Best Toys 4 Toddlers } said...

Beautiful with all these colors!