Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ravishing Rainbows!

Yesterday we went to a Rainbow Playdate. My friend had her house decorated in Rainbow color streamers. We read a Great Rainbow book (the title is escaping my mind at the moment).

We made a Rainbow out of fruitloops.

We had Rainbow Jellow and Rainbow colored goldfish for snack.


We made a Rainbow out of a Train Track.
The playdate was filled with LOTS of Rainbow fun!!
THEN during nap time, Mama put up her new wall art!!!


It's a Beautiful Rainbow made out of our handprints! Every day we are going to write on a handprint something that we want to pray about as a Family, then we will pray about it together. This will be a nice way for us to pray together more. I am also going to add a cloud with the Irish Blessing on it.
Irish Blessing
May God give you...
for every storm
a rainbow,
for every tear
a smile,
for every care
a promise,
and a blessing
for each trial.
For every problem
life sends,
a faithful friend
to share,
for every sigh
a sweet song
and an answer
for each prayer.




6 comments:

Teaching Heart Mom said...

Cute ideas... Thanks for sharing these.

Michelle said...

What a great wall!!! That is a beautiful rainbow. I love that Irish Blessing too.

Bobbi & Noe said...

Everything is sooo beautiful! We're studying the letter Rr's and rainbows next week so perfect timing for you to post this!!! I love all these ideas~

jennwa said...

I love all the rainbow ideas. The hand prints are favorite.

Thanks for linking.

Christie said...

I love that idea. I think I will work with some friends to have a themed playdate once a week during the summer. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jedda said...

This is a cool idea. We need to do more theamed playdates-thanks for the ideas!