So we have a letter of the week every week. I have tried so many times to do lessons with my kids and every time have ended up failing. We really do TONS of child lead stuff around here and we go to lots of playdates, so fitting in "lesson plans" was really hard. I think ALOT of the problem was that I made to plans too extensive!
So at the beginning of this year I decided that we REALLY needed more ABC work, but I knew that unless I made it fairly simple for myself then it wouldn't get done.
We start the week by listing and writing the letter. Then we draw everything we can think of that starts with the letter. Then, whenever we have a free moment in the day we do something on ours plans. Nothing is at a certain time or on a certain day. Each week we do SOMETHING that starts with the letter in each category: Art, Science, Math, Cooking, Movement/Outside, and Books/Songs.
2 comments:
that is a great plan and all i love alphabet stuff! this year i'm doing CVC then review so 3 weeks letters 1 week review to start march 2nd (right before my LO turns 3)
Awesome! We are going a letter each week here at our house as well. So far, it is going great with my 3 year old, my two year old, well let's just say he is too busy most days!
Post a Comment